[Market-farming] Tomato Spacing

Andy Fellenz artisanfarms at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:23:41 EST 2012

Don,

You're correct that the number includes pathways.  When I have pulled
plants, there have been roots under the walkways, not as much as in the row
itself, but they are going in all directions.  The bulk of the root growth
is parallel to the drip lines, which is what I would expect.

Out in the field I plant single rows with 18-24" between plant spacing
depending upon variety with 36+" between the rows.  The plants are heavily
mulched, irrigated via drip and trellised using the Florida weave style
trellising.

Andy