[Market-farming] sweet corn - Bt resistance?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Jan 5 14:14:17 EST 2012

BT kurstaki etc. applied as a spray or a dust is only present in the
field for a short period of time after each application. GMO plants
expressing BT toxin do so continuously throughout the season, and with
probable residue remaining in the field for some time after harvest.
The latter situation is likely to produce resistance much faster.