[Market-farming] sweet corn?

Shoemaker, William H wshoemak at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 3 21:08:28 EST 2012

Interesting. I think its a matter of time before European Corn Borer overcomes Bt. The population cycling that occurs every year imposes incredible selection pressure against Bt. Like Round-Up, the pest will eventually overwhelm with population pressure. Its incouraging to hear from Steve though that he has good results with spinosad. Perhaps we will be able to adapt when Bt no longer works on ECB.

Bill
William H. Shoemaker
University of Illinois, Crop Sciences
St Charles Horticulture Research Center