[Market-farming] peppers

Sheila Payne srp75 at msn.com
Sat Feb 25 09:46:06 EST 2012

I second the nomination of golden treasure from seed savers.  Again, not a big bell, but meaty, sweet, flavorful is the Tangerine Pimento from Fedco.

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:57:43 -0600
From: stonecirclefarm at tds.net
To: market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Market-farming] peppers

Anyone know of a good (true) orange sweet pepper that is available untreated?  I've tried Gourmet from Johnny's but it does not yield well and is not early enough.  I've also tried an "orange strain" of CA Wonder and it failed.  I see beautiful varieties offered in catalogs like Stokes but all their stuff is treated and I am certified organic.  I plan to try Oranos from High Mowing but would also like to trial 1 or 2 others.

Thanks.  -John

address and password):