[Market-farming] getting organic certification in Washington

eglatyne tds.net eglatyne at tds.net
Mon Feb 20 11:15:11 EST 2012

Hello Kathryn, first I can help only with the vegetable certification as I
don't have any animals. The Organic Agency(OG) is really helpful and it
really isn't too difficult. Important thing is to keep receipts for all of
your inputs to your crops as they check those. For pest management just
tell them what you do, it's usually OK., They are want you to buy organic
seed, and they prefer that it is sourced locally. They want you to give
them your rotation schedule and they are requesting more information about
crop production. This is to support the program for being organic. But the
Wash. Tilth is usually really helpful.  So I hope this helps. Carol Thomas
Sweet Briar