[Market-farming] For those who have built tunnels using Johnny's hoops bender

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 21:46:55 EST 2012

As others have suggested, I would run a 1 by 4 hip board down the side then attach the plastic using the two furring strip option.  Since you are going to be removing the plastic, I wouldn't spent the money on wiggle wire.  While it is easy to work with, I don't like the way it cuts the plastic, just my opinion.

When I built my movable tunnels, I used the furring strip option.  I am very happy with it. In fact, I haven't messed with the furring strips.

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/ss315/jrslick/?action=view&current=IMG_1147.jpg

Next year I am wanting to build one of these tunnels.  Post some pictures when you are finished.  I am interested in making it taller too.

Also, I would be concerned with the 2 feet in the ground. I am guessing that this will be in ground that has been worked.  It would be very loose.  I would go at least 3 if not 4 feet into the ground.  If you are looking at saving money, maybe every 2nd or 3rd or 4th one be a longer post.

Just an idea.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas