[Market-farming] 2012 OEFFA Conference starts today

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Fri Feb 17 12:31:31 EST 2012

About to get on the road in a hour.  If any of you are attending this year please feel free to look me up.  I am doing a seminar on Sunday about growing your farm business.  Our garden manager Kate Cook is doing one on experiments with growing commercial scale companion planting (mainly for pest control).

We will be floating around between Green BEAN Delivery's booth and the OEFFA Grain Growers chapter table (where we will be selling some of our honey and grains...some of the milled).

I'll be attending the food safety seminars and the composting ones as well as we have been approached and discussed building a Class II composting facility to meet the needs of the region to move organic waste into a path not destined for landfill.

Exciting stuff.

Anyways, anyone wanting to get a beer and talk on Friday or Saturday will find our crew at the Granville Inn.

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio