[Market-farming] growing on plastic

Lucy Owsley boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:00:28 EST 2012

On cleaning-I have found one of the best tools to have on hand when taking
up the landscape fabric is a broom so that you can get dirt and more
importantly seeds off the fabric before storing for the winter. I assume
this cuts down on disease from the simple fact vectors or mostly removed.
And if seeds stay on (and grass seed sticks really well and will not come
off just by shaking) than you will inoculate the beds with weeds when you
put it back down again.

I also pull off as many roots as possible but find the fine roots are not a
problem if they are not removed and they break down the following season
and don't seem to rot the cloths.
--
Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm