[Market-farming] growing on plastic

Antoine Gendreau Turmel fermecouleedouce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:09:47 EST 2012

I don¹t really like plasticulture because it all ends up in the landfill.
But i¹ve been using ³biotelo² on a few crops. It¹s a
biodegradable/compostable non-gmo corn-based black plastic. It works very
well, even though you can see small rips in it by the end of summer. But
usually plants are big enough at that time to shade out potential weeds.

And it¹s really a pleasure not to have to pull out all that plastic at the
end of the season, when you¹d rather be doing something else.

Antoine

Ferme de la Coulée Douce
St-Antoine-de-Tilly, Québec, zone 4