[Market-farming] Making raised beds

stonecirclefarm tds.net stonecirclefarm at tds.net
Thu Feb 16 23:00:41 EST 2012

Like others, I make "raised beds" by compacting my pathways.  My final soil
prep almost always involves a tractor-drawn rotovator.  I then drive my
little 1948 Allis Chalmers model B back and forth to mark out my beds.
Among other things, this assures that my beds and pathways can then be
cultivated using the same tractor.

I do not have experience with them, but I have heard good things about the
"Lesche" bed shaper available through Market Farm Implement (
http://www.marketfarm.com/).  This is apparently a good tool for clays
soils.

-John

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Etienne Goyer <etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca