[Market-farming] T-22

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Thu Feb 16 21:58:09 EST 2012

On 12-02-16 08:45 PM, Vern and Amy wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have any sun this time of year to control damp-off.
>
> T-22 Planter Box is available from Fedco Seeds for $80/# and Rootshield
> H&G (1/4# for $14.50), but they don't do rush orders.  Johnny's carries
> Plantshield T-22 for $129/#. and Rootshield H&G  for $17.95.  I think I
> could make a 1# box of T-22 stretch to 1-2 tons of seed potatoes--keeps
> them very clean from scab and scurf.

That's very interesting, I didn't knew RootShield could be used on
potato against scab.  My soil has a fairly high pH (6.5 - 7) and high
organic matter content (> 5%), which I understand promotes scab.  And
indeed, last year, my potatoes where very scabby.  I plant only about
200# of seed potatoes, so it would not be overly expensive to treat my
seeds.  Can you tell us more about your experience about using
T-22/RootShield on potatoes?

Thannks!

--
Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village