[Market-farming] making raised beds

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Thu Feb 16 17:59:00 EST 2012

Etienne

I've used both a Troybilt 7 or 8hp and a BCS 11hp. My advice is: go with
the BCS. Repairs and parts for Troybilt have become hard to get and
expensive in recent years. Our BCS is a more powerful machine than the
Troybilt we had. Tech support from EarthTools is fantastic! To do 5 acres
with a Troybilt sounds like it'll end in tears!

If the cost of anew BCS is too much and you can't get one used, you might
consider a small (riding) tractor instead - you get more oomph for your
money with used tractors.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA