[Market-farming] sprayers

Andy Fellenz artisanfarms at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:43:56 EST 2012

We built our own with a 35 gallon tank, small boom with interchangeable
nozzles for both flood and spray and an handgun.  We used a Hypro roller
pump mounted on the PTO.  This season we are redoing the sprayer using a
Hypro diaphragm pump.  If you have a welder and some basic fabricating
skills it isn't too hard to build your own.  Before we had the homebuilt
one, we used a 55 gallon trailer sprayer with a 3.5hp B&S engine on it
running the pump. I prefer the 3 pt mount sprayer to the trailer sprayer
because it can be used over beds.

Andy