[Market-farming] Making raised beds

Peter Worsley pwors at svn.net
Wed Feb 15 20:52:44 EST 2012

I mow, then rip, then rototill. After a few weeks, I make raised beds
with two disks on a toolbar, which scoop the soil into a "ridge". Then
I rake by hand, forming a 30" bed (my tractor wheels are 30" apart).
As John wrote, the tractor wheels compact the soil into paths between
the beds. You can irrigate, then flame the beds & paths for weed
control.