[Market-farming] misting carrot seeds

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 14:50:00 EST 2012

Richard,

I always start carrots by planting them, lay row cover over the top and weight down the sides, then soaking the row cover 2 to 3 times a day ( or once a day in the early spring).   After I wet it down the first time,  I run the drip tape (one line per two rows) and soak the bed completely. Once the carrots come up, I remove the row cover and worry about weeding. I usually just mist the beds by hand, but I suppose you could set up some sprinkers/mister.   It is just quicker to do it by hand for me.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com