[Market-farming] carrots

waldenfarm at bellsouth.net waldenfarm at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 3 11:51:29 EST 2012

TEST

From: MAsteveINE
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:56 AM
To: Market Farming
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] carrots

Did you leave any in the ground? I would like to hear a comparison.

Mine, the few that were left, went in sand in a 5 gallon bucket, and though
they are in good condition, there must have been a few worms started in them
as more and more of them are working their way up through the crop.

2008 crop canned in glass jars are keeping well;

MAsteveINE

  000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

  How do folks keep carrots from sprouting roots?  I have mine at 35, in the dark.  They are already beginning to get hairy.  Bolero and Necoras, plus Purple Haze.  Not too many yet, but it is starting and I hoped to have them at market at least through March.

  Beth Spaugh

address and password):