[Market-farming] I need the perfect spinach planter

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Thu Dec 27 18:26:55 EST 2012

I'd like to get recommendations from those of you who use push or pull seeders. I would like a seeder that is really, really good at planting spinach. I grow a lot of it (raw seed, beds about 40' long), and it's one of the few things I don't start in soil blocks. It looks like my choices are Earthway, Glaser, four-row pinpoint, six-row, and Jang.

--I have an Earthway and am constantly frustrated with it, as it seems to skip and bunch a lot. If someone has had good experience with the Earthway for spinach, I'd be interested.

--I've used the six-row, planting two rows at at a time, and it is pretty awesome, but seems like more tool than I really need.

--I wouldn't mind using the four-row as a single-row planter, but have heard no reviews.

--Glaser users--what say you?

--I expect I'd be happy with a Jang. How is it for spinach?

thanks.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm