[Market-farming] Hiring

Burke Farm burkefarm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:52:33 EST 2012

In the last 3 years, my mantra has become, "Even bad help is better
than no help."  Hiring several part timers works best for me.. that
way when they go to the fair, an amusement park, get sick, etc I have
others I can call, and I can be flexible.  Those who stay, show up,
and do good work get a raise and training on the more desirable jobs.
Those who are not great help stay at minimum wage and get to weed more
often.  Now this coming year I am venturing into hiring someone to
watch the kids, a whole other set of issues!!

Lisa Burke
Farming Engineers LLC
z5b, central IN
not as much of a blizzard as they said it would be.