[Market-farming] GAPs (was: New Cooler Construction)

KAKerby at aol.com KAKerby at aol.com
Fri Dec 21 11:07:49 EST 2012

That's a very troubling new development, if it turns out to be true.   I'm
really on the fence about GAP.  Yes, we're changing some of our farm  layout
to comply with GAP (mainly a more definite separation of animals from  crop
areas, in both space and time) and yes, it's a good idea to have the  more
robust documentation.  But I already felt like it was focusing a  tremendous
amount of attention on only a small part of the problem.  And  now
apparently they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Richard,  if you can
get some confirmation of that, one way or the other, I'd very much
appreciate it.  I wasn't planning to attend the next GAP session here, but  maybe I
will.  Even if we don't seek certification, it's probably prudent  to at
least keep my finger on the pulse of this monster.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA

In a message dated 12/21/2012 7:59:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,