[Market-farming] New Cooler Construction

Andy Fellenz artisanfarms at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:48:59 EST 2012

GAPs is for produce, not eggs.

I wasn't required to become certified.  I did it as a way to force me to
improve my documentation and training procedures.  I hire several people
each season and wanted to become more consistent in how they are trained.

In my area, Central NY, customers are moving towards requiring a harmonized
GAPs audit.  This is also the direction the USDA is taking with the GAPs
program.  The goal of the harmonized program is to address multiple
certification programs within one audit.  Here is more information on the
Harmonized GAPs initiative:
http://www.unitedfresh.org/newsviews/gap_harmonization .

Andy