[Market-farming] New Cooler Construction

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Thu Dec 20 08:42:20 EST 2012

No sweat, huh?  I'll will consider your approach.  I guess I am used to
doing things the hard way too often!

I have had people say just put it on concrete and it will be fine.  I
know that it will be more efficient if insulated, and I know how to do
that.  But when we are talking about my (borrowed) money instead of a
client's, I am willing to rethink everything!  I had also thought of
putting a drain in and sloping the floor, as it seems prudent and I have
no experience with coolers yet.  It would be a lot easier to have it and
not need it than need it and not have it.  Anyway, this will have to be
part of a new packing shed, as I have none yet, and it can be just a
planned part of the rest of the floor.  I would probably want to put a
catch-basin with another drain in the washing area anyway, no? (My
ground does not drain.)  Our humidity is fairly low in North Idaho.  Not
as low as Boise, but way drier than New England or the Deep South.

Vern--gotta go plow snow and check on the potato shed temp now