[Market-farming] Eggplant Varieties

Lori sands tchfrch at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 06:58:32 EST 2012

About Florida Highbush: Last June I got some free seedlings from a friend who operates a greenhouse seedling production business ( because she had many leftovers after the main 'sales' season)  I plonked them into a high tunnel and kind of let them fend for themselves. They grew the biggest, meatiest, most cosmetically perfect eggplant I have ever had. They probably would have done better had I irrigated more and fussed more.   So it is true that they can tolerate heat and drought.  Next year I will get them in earlier. and plant more.  Lori Sandswestern PA