[Market-farming] Popcorn Sheller

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Mon Aug 20 16:42:04 EDT 2012

http://d-lab.mit.edu/resources

I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but you might take a look at the corn sheller information from the D lab at MIT, which has developed a very low tech (and amazingly effective) corn sheller. Their intent is to make this and other low tech inventions buildable by peasants throughout the world. I went to a workshop that included a demonstration of the hand-held models, and a bicycle-powered one that formed the basis of a one-person business: someone riding around to local farms, then putting up the kickstands and shelling the corn.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm
  www.hopestill.com