[Market-farming] Flaming was Carrots

Allan Balliett allan.balliett at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 06:22:34 EDT 2012

Folks

I've owned a commercial 4 burner blamer and have bought a couple of 'ice
melters' from the box stores. I have a problem with the orifices plugging
up and either the burners not staying lit or going out when you try to
increase the flame. I understand this means the orifice needs to be
cleaned. It appears that things like carb sprays won't touch this 'gum,'
and, so far, only removing the jet or the burner and using a commercial gas
orifice 'rod' has given me the success (ie I get a flame that stays lit and
powerful through the length of a row) But you could go blind trying to get
the hair like cleaning rod into the orifice (I know I did!)

I'm wondering if there are better ways of cleaning the orifice or keeping
it from getting dirty ('gumming up') or, worse, if this is a problem unique
to my farm.

Thanks

-Allan in WV