[Market-farming] ...how about carrots?

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Wed Aug 15 08:04:59 EDT 2012

Jay

We use a simplified version of your method.  We seed our carrots using a double shoe AP-1 Jang then we water the whole plot.  We plant a radish seed at the head of each row.  When the radish seed has germinated and is clear of the soil (usually in four days) we flame weed.  Beds are 24" which allow for 4 passes of the seeder for a total of 8 rows.

I'd forgo the row cover and maybe plant a but earlier.

The more simple it is the more efficient you are and more cost effective getting the crop to market.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855