[Market-farming] Containers

Buck Family rbuck at pacifier.com
Tue Aug 14 19:36:08 EDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  We'll follow up with the
various links you all provided.

Best regards

Roy

Message: 5

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:38:54 -0400

From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob at songberry.ca>

Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Containers

To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org>

Hi Roy,

I'd second the fiber pak containers - cheap, biodegradable, and readily
available. For portability, I've seen people put a cellulose wrapper over
them secured with an elastic, but I find a pint slides nicely into a paper
lunch bag which is secure and easy to carry (though not as showy). I've
worked with the PLA "biodegradable/compostable" bio-plastic containers, but
as much as I like the concept, the current reality is that our local
municipalities don't accept them for recycling OR composting (hello
landfill), they are quite expensive, and any exposure to heat or direct
sunlight makes them deform and fuse together into a useless lump.

Hope this helps,

Rob