[Market-farming] Containers

Rob Wallbridge rob at songberry.ca
Mon Aug 13 21:38:54 EDT 2012

Hi Roy,

I'd second the fiber pak containers - cheap, biodegradable, and readily
available. For portability, I've seen people put a cellulose wrapper over
them secured with an elastic, but I find a pint slides nicely into a paper
lunch bag which is secure and easy to carry (though not as showy). I've
worked with the PLA "biodegradable/compostable" bio-plastic containers, but
as much as I like the concept, the current reality is that our local
municipalities don't accept them for recycling OR composting (hello
landfill), they are quite expensive, and any exposure to heat or direct
sunlight makes them deform and fuse together into a useless lump.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm