[Market-farming] Farming the back side of the calendar

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Thu Aug 9 08:22:38 EDT 2012

You are right about spinach in the summer here, but we are within a few weeks of planting it for our high tunnel winter sales.  At that time, the soil in the tunnels is still too warm for good germination, but the timing is perfect for our fall/winter crop.  Hence the extra effort we put into getting it up and going.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm