[Market-farming] Germinating and planting spinach

Ken Bezilla kenbez at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:30:10 EDT 2012

I've never tried it, but Steve Solomon wrote about this in one of his books (Water-Wise Vegetables) -- "Heat one pint of water to the boiling point. Dissolve in 2-3 tbsps. of ordinary cornstarch. Place the mixture in the refrigerator to cool.  Soon the liquid will become a soupy gel.  Gently mix the cool starch gel with the sprouting seeds," then put the mix in a ziploc bag, cut a hole 1/4" or smaller in a corner of the bag, and dribble into the planting furrow.

Ken Bezilla
central VA