[Market-farming] Recycle categories for plastics

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Mar 31 14:47:50 EDT 2011

I think part of the issue with agricultural plastics is that they
often have enough soil on them to require different handling than
household plastics; but am not sure.

Around here, the regular recyclers won't take them; but if you have a
recycler there who will, that's great. -- Also around here, at least,
nobody will recycle household bags; maybe the reason the info isn't on
the boxes is that the particular plastic isn't actually recyclable. In
any case, while the mulch may look similar, it isn't necessarily the
same plastic as household bags; I don't think all household bags are
the same type of plastic as each other.

I was going to suggest contacting the manufacturers, but I see that
you already tried that. Maybe if you contacted one of the agricultural
recyclers that are taking the stuff they could tell you? maybe the
place in Pennsylvania that would take it if baled knows what the
category is?