[Market-farming] boron-was lime powder application

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Tue Mar 22 00:02:23 EDT 2011

Thank you everybody for your input on lime.  I have talked to farmers
near me and 40 miles away.  It looks like I may find what I need there.
Will still need to study more on cation exchange, mineral balances, etc.

Someone mentioned Boron.  My soil test said I was deficient and my
extension agent said I needed 3 pounds per acre.  I located a 50# bag of
Solubor and used just a few pounds diluted in the sprayer on the
4-wheeler.  I don't think I got toxicity, but was careful not to go over
the recommendation.  I will probably recheck soil Boron this year.

Vern