[Market-farming] lime powder application

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Sun Mar 20 09:30:32 EDT 2011

    We have about 5 acres of mixed veggies and 50 acres of hay/pasture
to adjust pH.  I guess I should contact other farmers around here to
find out how they do it.  The only pelletized lime I have found is
Dolomite, and I already have plenty of Mg, which I think dolomite adds
to.  The local farm store doesn't even carry lime, except dolomite.  Our
area is not very agricultural anymore--not the best place to grow (soil
and weather).  I might have to check with folks 50 miles out of town.
Any other input is welcome.  Thanks.

Vern