[Market-farming] Sorta OT - getting farm insurance for eggs, meat, dairy

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 10:00:57 EDT 2011

It took us over a year of contacting agency's all the country to get a
large enough personal liability policy to sell our products.  This is a  real
problem and insurance companies are really playing games with people on  this
issue.  If you don't have product/personal liability your products and
yourself, are not covered off the farm with an umbrella policy.  Umbrella  is
for your farm only, I have one as well, but as soon as your product leaves
the farm property it is no longer covered by that policy.  Our local foods
council (Regional Group) has been working with different companies trying to
get  this product more affordable.

Phil from Iowa
_www.timberridgelamb.com_ (http://www.timberridgelamb.com/)