[Market-farming] High Tunnels

Keith Morris earthsurfing at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 11:37:12 EDT 2011

Hi All,

We just got high-tunnel funding through EQIP and are looking at a 30 X 96
Rolling Thunder.  I'd love to hear anyone's experience with these houses.  I
really like Ed and Ledgewood- but am enthralled by the ability to roll a house
right over crops already a few months going after harvesting tomatoes, peppers,
etc. without having to clean and prep before replanting the house.

Also- I've heard that simply cleaning the sidewalls with a bucket loader, plow,
or blower is sufficient, as it will let the roof slide, and you wont' need to
shovel or rake the roof.  Any thoughts?

My sympathy to anyone who lost there houses with this recent heavy snow...

Best,
Keith

________________________________
Keith Morris
Prospect Rock Permaculture
Design and Education for Ecological Culture
[ProspectRock.org]
P.O. Box 426
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
Keith at ProspectRock.org
(802) 734-1129

"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)