[Market-farming] high Tunnels

Diana Jancek dijaan at charter.net
Wed Mar 16 09:19:54 EDT 2011

Kathy
Sorry for the loss of your tunnels. This winter has really been one for
the record books for us too. We're about 2 mi from Lake Michigan, in the
"lake effect snow zone".  I have one 96x30 Rimol Nor'Easter. Built in
2006. Have had several blizzards this year where the tunnel was buried,
especially on the south side, with over a foot of snow, heavy and wet.
This year was the first year I was really afraid we might lose it,
plastic bulging in on inside between the bows. Especially because the
temps stayed so low that there was very little inside heating effect,
which helps to clear snow off the top. With waist deep snow  I couldn't
budge it until the weather improved. But it held up with no signs of damage.
Diana Jancek