[Market-farming] Bio- Plastics vs. plastic mulch

Rob Wallbridge rob at songberry.ca
Tue Mar 15 22:14:44 EDT 2011

I'd echo many of Rivka's comments and concerns. I've had really good
experience with BioTelo on my farm: it lays well with a mechanical layer
(best on cool mornings on properly-prepared soil, with NO tension on the
rollers), works well with a waterwheel transplanter, holds up fairly well,
and is completely gone by the next year. It is approved for certified
organic use here in Canada. Pricey, but no labour costs for removal and
nothing to haul to the landfill. I've never seen or heard of anybody using
the Weed Guard Plus product with a mechanical layer and waterwheel
transplanter - that's what concerns me most.

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

rob at songberry.ca <mailto:songberry at songberry.com>