[Market-farming] cover for germination & seedlings

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Fri Mar 11 13:11:29 EST 2011

On 3/11/2011 at 1:10:00 PM, Samish Heirlooms Farm wrote:
> I use chrome wire racks for germination and seedlings in my greenhouse and
> have a vinyl cover that was for a rack that was a bit larger than the one I
> use (mine is 18" deep, 48" wide and 72" tall).  I have been trying to source
> a cover that fits some new racks I got from Costco that are the same size,
> without luck.
> I believe I saw one in a seed catalog I received but the catalog got thrown
> away before I could order one.  Does anyone know where I might find a cover
> that fits these racks?  They are the perfect size--four 1020 trays fit on
> each shelf and adding a rope light under each shelf gives me bottom heat and
> the cover makes it nice and cozy for seed germination and a place to hold
> young seedlings.

try a search on "plant rack replacement cover" (without quotes). You might think
about making one from spare pieces of greenhouse plastic instead--the covers are
likely to be manufacturer-specific and unreasonably priced.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm
  www.hopestill.com