[Market-farming] Growers Associations (Coop.)

Marlin & Christine Burkholder burkholders at glenecofarm.com
Thu Mar 10 16:54:54 EST 2011

Gary,

This is an interesting article.  Can you tell me more about a "conference
bridge"?

How can I learn how to set it up?

When I wrote to this "list" asking what IRS classification farmer's markets
have, I found out that some farmer's markets have no farmers on the board.
When a nonprofit gets a 501C3 classification, their main function needs to
be education.  How does a farmer/vendor fit into that as a board member?  (A
501C5 or a 501C6 classification is more fitting for a producer only market.)

I am glad to read that you are not out there seeking government grants.

Christine Burkholder