[Market-farming] Grower's Association?

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Thu Mar 10 10:13:21 EST 2011

I personally like to negotiate my pricing direct with the consumer.  Having sold (and still sell) commodity corn and beans I find the "market" irritating at best and absolutely love dealing with a market that I can negotiate pricing.

An extremely important thing to consider is that a Grower's Association becomes a distributor and IF a majority of your sales goes this route then you are no longer exempt from the Federal Food Safety Modernization Act.  You must sell directly to the retailer, chef, or consumer.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855