[Market-farming] Grower's Association

Thamnophis thamnophis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:12:58 EST 2011

Just attended a session on growers cooperatives yesterday. I learned
that coops are notoriously difficult to establish and manage if
certain guidelines aren't followed. And, as someone mentioned, the
quality of those involved, in particular the leadership.

There is a very successful example in Eau Claire Wisconsin.

Here is a valuable link from IA State U Extension:

http://www.extension.org/cooperatives

Joe
Boone County, IA
5a