[Market-farming] Planet Jr. brush & thinning

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Sat Mar 5 11:26:22 EST 2011

Do you use a 2 or 4" scatter shoe, or the regular narrow drill shoe?
Also, I know some don't use a coverer behind the seed drop and before
the rear presswheel.  I haven't used the coverer lately.  It covered too
deeply when I was pushing (unpacked soil), but seems not enough coverage
on packed soil with larger seeds.  I figure when I try my 4" shoes I
should cover the seeds in front of the wheel, even though it is only
about 2" wide.

Vern