[Market-farming] odd request for the list

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 4 21:28:43 EST 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 3:20 PM, KAKerby at aol.com wrote:

> I shudder to think this article really represents what the public
> thinks of our efforts (and our intelligence).

His description of both organic and conventional farming is
simplistic; and he writes as if organic is mostly a matter of finding
specific alternatives to specific chemicals that can be plugged into
basically the same system; but I've seen a lot worse.

I've actually run into more than one person who thinks organic means
not using any fertilizers; and there seem to be quite a few who think
that we don't use any information or techniques that weren't around a
hundred years ago. The article read to me as if the author was trying
to counteract those misperceptions, not as if he agreed with them.

Admittedly, the line implying that we don't use technology that
involves steel is pretty confusing. There's an organic equipment use
book out called Steel in the Field.