[Market-farming] Strawberry plants

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Mar 3 14:44:51 EST 2011

On Feb 27, 2011, at 9:36 AM, waldenfarm wrote:

> I'm looking for a good source for Allstar strawberry plants. Anyone
> know the best & cheapest place to buy them by the 100? (Looking for
> bare root.) I found some on Van Bourgondien's website, but they got
> some bad comments on quality & customer service.
>
> Alex McGregor
> Walden Farm

Indiana Berry & Plant Co, Plymouth IN, 100 for $36.00

Krohne, Hartford MI, 100 for $31.00

Nourse, South Deerfield MA, 100 for 29.00.

Schlabach's, Medina NY, 100 for 22.50.

Looking just at that, Schlabach's appears to have the best price;
though I haven't worked out the effects of various shipping rates. I
have ordered from them, and the plants I got were fine; we had a bit
of confusion last year as to variety availability and shipping date,
but it worked out OK in the end. I usually try to order plants from as
close to home as possible, if all other things are equal.