[Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers' markets sell 'supermarket' foods

waldenfarm waldenfarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 2 11:44:17 EST 2011

OK, Allison. You're right about policing ourselves. But there is going to be
some "public" entity that will want to get in on the act. Maybe the move to
define & REASONABLY regulate real farmers markets should be initiated by
farmers and we should have a strong voice in how it's done. And as locally
as possible. And we'll do that in all our spare time! :)

I guess all this "Local Produce" that's popping up in the supermarkets is a
testament to how well we've gotten the word out- just like we built the
organic market to see it taken over. But we've left the definitions in the
hands of the money changers in the temple. Here's a thought- how about
trademarking "local" & "farmers market" the way corporations do?

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm