[Market-farming] mulching pathways and classic blunders

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at outlands.ca
Wed Mar 2 10:00:30 EST 2011

(beginner here, apologies if it makes no sense)

On 11-03-02 09:24 AM, Scott Breneman wrote:
> I think straw mulch is probably the best option--moisture rention, weed supression, and soil building.

What about having it chopped?  Straw chopper, the type used to spread
straw bedding in stale on dairy farm, are fairly easy to find used, and
might save a lot of labor in spreading.  Wondering if anybody ever tried
that.

I like the idea of harvesting rye green manure for straw to be used in
mulching.  I guess it just need to be made efficient.