[Market-farming] market continuity

Jack Moffitt jackmoffitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:59:17 EDT 2011

We sell at 3 markets, and I manage two of them. My conclusion has been that
the loss of traffic after a closing takes months to rebuild, and all of our
markets are now year round. Our summer is the comparative dead time, winter
being our leafy greens season. Vendor and customer attendance ebb and flow
with the season, but the baked goods, honey, meats, etc. keep the market a
destination of habit even when the heat has harvests down to small
selections.
Jack Moffitt - Tex Mex Border - Bayview Texas