[Market-farming] market continuity

clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com
Mon Jun 27 14:16:13 EDT 2011

I sell produce at a winter farmers market in Rochester, NY as well three summer markets in the same metro area.  I am on the board of directors of the winter market and we have been debating whether or not to have markets scheduled for the entire 52 weeks of the year; i.e. synching the winter market with the summer markets for a full year presence.  Some think that having that kind of continuity keeps people coming back to us and not going to other outlets (like grocery stores).  On the other hand, some think that we need a break (it would afford me more time to plant veg and field crops in May).  Anyone have any experience with that or thoughts one way or the other?

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522