[Market-farming] pruning cukes--pro and con

Andy Fellenz artisanfarms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:37:07 EDT 2011

I grow most of my cukes in a high tunnel they are planted 12" apart and
trellised.  They are pruned to one main stem up the trellis and then I let
this main stem branch a little as it climbs the trellis.  I end up with a
main stem which goes up 8' and comes back down at least 4-6' and is very
productive.  In the high tunnel, I always prune, but out in the field I
wouldn't bother.

I am very happy with both quantity and quality from my pruned cukes.

Andy