[Market-farming] vegetables that should not be hilled?

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Tue Jun 21 15:08:42 EDT 2011

Only potatoes need hilling to make the crop. We generally use hillers as a way to cover over weeds that grow in the row. Shallow hilling can eliminate one or two hand hoeings in most vegetable crops. Now that I use herbicides I seldom hill anymore. But it is a good option to have on hand when weed get by you... Bob.