[Market-farming] Spinosad

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Sun Jun 19 15:41:20 EDT 2011

Mike (idyllwild farm)

Sorry for the long delay. Bogged down with garlic harvesting, weed control,
etc etc.

Yes, we get good results with the home garden spinosad. Actually at a
conference I was at last winter, a speaker (forgotten who!) said that
Spinosad works at a more diluted level than advertised. Naturally the
manufacturers want to sell the stuff. Also they may be catering to people
who want every last bug killed for sure, rather than organic types who can
tolerate seeing a bug or two from time to time. This year we used the
minimum level suggested on the product from Seven Springs Farm and it worked
well.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA